[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1/alpha decisions

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:23:35 +0200

On 2008-08-08 at 12:36:10 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Von: "Michael Phipps" <michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > From: "Fredrik Moden" [fredrik@xxxxxxxxx]
> > > What about calling it DR1? (I know it has been on the list before)
> > > At leaset we should state that the intendent target for this release are
> > > developers?
> >
> > +1 nostalgia! :-D
>
> +1!

-1

I see a huge difference between the BeOS DRs and the alpha release we're
aiming at for Haiku. The DRs were really useless to anyone but developers.
Our release however, even if mainly targeted at developers, is basically a
not quite complete, not yet stable R1. Which is exactly what the term "alpha"
is generally used for. Neither does "DR1" convey that this is alpha quality
software, nor that the release can already be used -- with care! -- as a BeOS
replacement.

CU, Ingo