[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A4 Postmortem

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:09:09 -0500

Stephan Aßmus wrote:

My proposal would be to resurrect something like the old team leader concept. Instead of
having only one RM, we have several people responsible for components. Depending on which
component a commit affects, these people should be the ones to do the review and give
their OK. The people should match up nicely with the default ticket owners in our Trac.
And instead of a single person doing the merging, the original developer should do the
merge, after a component owner has posted "+alpha5" on the commit list,
presumably after having reviewed the commit. How does that sound?

This enforces the review policy, and improves it by making the people review
who know the code best. It also removes the burden on a single person to do all
the merging. I don't know how else we can have a strict review policy and still
spread up the work.

That is a great idea on having a distributed workload. Also the RM code have very little of no knowledge of programming in general, and still manage the release etc.

Sean