[haiku-development] Re: Haiku & Google Code-In: Help Needed

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:39:23 +0200

Richie Nyhus, on Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:06:10 +1300:
> Here is a list of missing applications in the User Guide:
> Mail
> MediaPlayer
> MidiPlayer
> PackageInstaller
> ShowImage
> SoundRecorder
> TextSearch
> TV
> Web+

I removed TextSearch from the wiki page, as that one is already
documented. It's just not on the website's user guide, only in svn. How
about doing an update of the web user guide soon? There should be some
massive additions in translations as well, Chinese for example. I'll do
an svn checkin later to be as current as possible.

Otherwise, the fact that there's no documentation on the above topics
isn't completely due to laziness. :)  For some things (Web+,
MediaPlayer, ShowImage) I waited for some more pending changes. Now
that Stippi is finished with his major remodelling and Web+ isn't
really worked on for the moment, and Axel has thoroughly butchered
ShowImage... :)
Maybe it's time to start those.
I've hoped that Mail would get some love, but it doesn't look like
it...

Regarding translations, it may be worthwhile to have the re-taking of
screenshots as a job. This of course depends on finished catkeys for
those languages.

We could also need a nice screenshot tour of the system. Though this
may require more familiarity with Haiku's features than those students
have.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de