[haiku-development] Re: Haiku & Google Code-In: Help Needed

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:27:52 -0700

> Regarding translations, it may be worthwhile to have the re-taking of
> screenshots as a job. This of course depends on finished catkeys for
> those languages.
>

> We could also need a nice screenshot tour of the system. Though this
> may require more familiarity with Haiku's features than those students
> have.
>

> Regards,
> Humdinger
>
> --

For the translation tasks we could probably use a mentor that could
check off when students complete tasks and to delegate checking of the
students' translation work to someone who is able to verify each prior
to checking it done.
For now I've added a handful of "Add a translation for ..." tasks.
Those should probably be updated to a manageable set of apps?  I'm not
exactly clear on the scope of what is to do for each of the languages,
so probably someone more in the know can elaborate?  The tasks should
be ones which can be completed in a matter of hours, so figure out
what could be completed in that amount of time and perhaps break the
tasks down into groups?  Or is each language able to be completed in a
matter of hours?  Do we have fonts in place to handle the listed
languages?  Perhaps if not, that could be added as one of the early
research tasks... locate an open source font for that specific
language.

-scottmc