[haiku-development] Re: GSOC valgrind port

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:14:47 -0400

2009/3/25 Adrian Panasiuk <adek336@xxxxxxxxx>:
> And perhaps writing documentation for the functions, modules, types
> parallely to coding would make sure I won't forget what the functions
> do and that I will be able to easily invent tests for checking if they
> work.

I doubt this will happen, but want to mention it...

Documenting code is always a good thing.
However, this project cannot devolve into a pure documentation task.
In other words, documenting code while coding = good.
spending a month on just documenting, whether it be code or
user-documentation = bad.

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs#doc_proposals

> It's not clear to me what kind of work should I do this week to be
> sure that I'm up to the task? I'll try to note down what subsystems
> does nulgrind under Linux use and where do the platform specifics are
> used. So that I am able to give a more detailed plan of work than
> "make it work".

first, make sure you send in your application before the deadline.
This gives the mentors a chance to review your application and provide
feedback on issues that need to be improved.

otherwise, this sounds like a plan.

--mmadia