[haiku-development] Re: GSOC valgrind port

  • From: Danny Robson <danny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:38:13 +1100

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:29:16 +0100
Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds good. You can also cross-check which required platform
> functionality is already available on Haiku and which isn't. We have
> a debugging interface (<debugger.h>) and our runtime loader supports
> preloading, which might both be of help. Maybe valgrind also requires
> libc hooks/callback/... which we don't have ATM.

functionality. An internal (platform specific) implementation of the
image loader is used to keep control within coregrind itself. Older
versions used a preload mechanism, which proved unreliable.

As for libraries, it's completely statically linked with an internal
implementation of a subset of libc. So no external dependencies
whatsoever.

- Danny