[haiku-development] Re: Future Haiku Features

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:14:01 +0200

On 2009-07-30 at 18:54:28 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where does the "Stack and Tile" feature fit into the Future Features
> list?  Should this be placed under "Maybe R1"?  I demo'd it on my laptop
> to a few people at OSCON and the overall impression was very positive,
> seeing it as another cool feature, one that many would use. It's still
> got it's quirks (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4093), but perhaps those
> can be ironed out in time for R1, or should it just go under
> "Unscheduled" for now?

Since there is a chance that it may get finished before R1, you can place
it under "Maybe R1". The "Maybe R1" features are the ones that we would
place in R1 if they are ready, since there are no problems associated with
that. The "R1" features should actually hold up R1 until they are ready.
The "Unscheduled" list is for features that we know we want eventually, but
we have no idea when anyone will have time to work on them. The Stack &
Tile feature is much further advanced. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan