[haiku-development] Re: Distributed Version Control Tools (was Re: EDID Common Accelerant Fixes)

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:48:15 +0200

Hi Niels,

Am 21.04.2008 um 16:34 schrieb Niels Reedijk:

Hi gang,

2008/4/12, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Dustin Howett <alaricx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why git? Have you guys looked into monotone?

The choice of Git is not at all a project-level decision, just
something I have personally been thinking about for my Haiku
development.

Just randomly hooking into the discussion. I have been working,
together with James Woodcock, on a port of git to Haiku. I have
published the sources and binaries (the latter hosted by Haikuware,
thanks!) I also published an article on my weblog.

Just FYI, to prevent any other unnecessary work duplication.

It already is duplicated, I got it to work the weekend. My patches are here:
http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts/wiki/dev-util/git

Did you find a way to get `make check` work? Me, no. Therefore no packaging yet.

I also did a successful Bazaar branch using 1.3.1 on Haiku-compiled Python 2.5a2 fwiw.

Regards,

Andreas