[haiku-development] Defining more standard attributes

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Development" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:47:33 +0100

Hi there,

as you may know, there are a lot of Audio:* attributes defined that
makes using mp3s in the system much nicer.
Of course, there are other file types which could benefit from such
attributes, so I would like to start a discussion on which ones we
might want to add.

For example, there already are Audio:{Rating|Length|Genre|Year}
attributes which could be helpful for other types as well.
Should we create subtypes for the different types like Image:Rating and
Video:Rating? Or should we replace the Audio: attributes in question
with Media: attributes? Or give those with a general meaning even the
META: prefix?

Other possibly helpful attributes:
        {Media|Image|Video}:Size
        Video:Bitrate
        Video:Codec
        Video:Length
        META:Keywords
        {META|Media}:Thumbnail

Naturally, our applications should set those attributes automatically
if possible (things like Video:Length, and Video:Size).
Opinions welcome.

Bye,
   Axel.