[haiku-development] Re: Defining more standard attributes

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:45:20 -0700

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 14:47 +0100, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as you may know, there are a lot of Audio:* attributes defined that
> makes using mp3s in the system much nicer.
> Of course, there are other file types which could benefit from such
> attributes, so I would like to start a discussion on which ones we
> might want to add.

<snip>

It is really nice to see a discussion about attributes. :)

Once upon a time, there was this organization called beunited.org aka
BU. One of BU's key goals was to define standards for the OpenBeOS
platform, and while the organization is now dead and no standards were
actually approved or adopted (IIRC, at least), they did have a good
number of RFCs that were very well documented, including a file
attributes specification which you can still find here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070619035714/http://www.beunited.org/standards/files/voting/osbos-draft-tegen-fileattr-00.pdf

For a full index of all RFCs, please see here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070619035714/www.beunited.org/standards/?page=reviews

I don't know if these documents are of any use, but thought I would post
the links anyway, just in case.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki