[haiku-development] Re: Courier Prime

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:51:49 -0500

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why wouldn't a user simply download and install fonts that they want?
>
> Sensible defaults, not maximum configurability.

While I am a fan of fonts and think Haiku is a bit light on them, I
can see Matt's point. What I think would be nice would be a good font
installer. Making beps helps, but an application which could show
previews and one-click install fonts would be pretty cool. I think
someone once even suggested to me to make an application which could
install WebFonts, which is also a good idea.

So if anyone needs a project idea, there you go. I would like to do
it, but don't have time for the foreseeable future.

--
Regards,
Ryan