[haiku-development] Re: Coordinating porting efforts

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:13:31 +0100 CET

Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Regarding your #ifdefs it might be easier to #define the BeOS defines
> when Haiku is recognized rather than changing all #ifdefs. For
> example, in glib I assume we can live with a #define G_OS_BEOS for
> Haiku as long as no special provisions need to be made for Haiku
> apart
> from deciding on available functions and headers.

Since Haiku is much more POSIX compatible, it definitely makes sense to
go through every single BeOS specific code and see if it's still needed
that way. That's more or less the reason we decided to go with "haiku"
instead of "beos" anyway; while older ports will still work, it's
usually beneficial to report them - added benefit is even more POSIX
compliance when needed, and a simplified port on the other hand.

Bye,
   Axel.