[haiku-development] Re: Coding Style clarification/vote

  • From: Karsten Heimrich <host.haiku@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:23:27 +0200

Karsten Heimrich schrieb:
Axel Dörfler schrieb:
Hi there,

just a minor thing about further completing our coding style document (and practice): 1) After the license header (and eventual header guard), should there be one or two blank lines between the contents? I prefer two as that's what we use everywhere else to separate sections, but most seem to prefer a single blank line.

2) To call the constructors of the inherited class, and members, we have two different style in our repository:
a)    Class::Class()
        : InheritedClass(),
        fMember()
    {
    }

and:
b)    Class::Class()
        :
        InheritedClass(),
        fMember()
    {
    }

I would prefer the first version, but that one only works right when we don't use multiple inheritance (which we do, though). Please vote, and whatever comes out should be used to clarify our coding style document in this regard.
As a short overview my votes are:
1) 2
2) b

1) 1