[haiku-development] Re: BTabView

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:55:44 -0600

>  I didn't know how BTabView worked, but that definitely sounds strange.

Indeed, it causes many stupid issues that you see in some apps
(example: resize a window with a BTabView in it, watch all the other
tabs not notice the resize).

>  I think it makes sense to just show and hide the child views as the
>  tabs are changed. Also in the new layout system there is a CardLayout
>  which you may want to look at. I can't remember off hand how it works
>  but hopefully it just shows and hides its children. Maybe the BTabView
>  could be rewritten to just use the card layout?

Either or, the main problem is just whether any apps out there have a
dependency on the existing behavior. I don't know of one personally
but...

Regards,

Rene