[haiku-development] Re: Are fs add-ons cached?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:35:37 +0200 CEST

Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel's recent patches seems to have fixed it with one caveat. Even if
> filesystem is not mounted but was detected, the add-on seems to not
> be
> unloaded (for example, I still see the ext2 add-on in listimage even
> when not mounting any ext2 partitions. This is obviously because of
> the
> partition scan but I wonder if the add-on should not be unloaded
> unless
> it is actually used.

This shouldn't happen. Maybe ext2 is not removed from the list for some
reason, but it's not loaded anymore (see KDL "modules"). I'll have a
look.

> On a related note, this seems to have fixed restarting the media
> server
> with OSS installed. Lesson learned is that whenever Axel seys a
> problem
> is because of something else, do not believe him. ;)

It actually was a different problem, though :-)
This means BTW that OSS searches for a module that is not exported by a
properly named add-on; that's when this bug showed up.

Bye,
   Axel.