[haiku-development] Re: Are fs add-ons cached?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:44:53 +0200 CEST

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would just assume there is a bug somewhere :-)
> > Maybe someone keeps a reference to that add-on for whatever reason.
> I think it might be the same issue that makes OSS crash on reload.
> It loads itself under several names (all driver modules are linked
> into
> a single binary for now), and I suspect final unloading doesn't clean
> up everything... might leave things with globals left to their last
> state instead of reinitializing them or something...

I don't think this is the same thing. Driver reloading works just fine
with other legacy drivers (it's even tested). And modules sure won't
crash either, even if something doesn't release them completely.
I would suspect the OSS driver itself to be the culprit in this case;
at least I would start searching there.

Bye,
   Axel.