[haiku-development] Re: Are fs add-ons cached?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:31:04 +0200

On 2008-08-22 at 15:05:20 [+0200], Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> >> Now if only we could get OSS working for real... *wishful thinking*
> >
> > You mean that latency thing? Well, the debugging code is all there,
> > someone just needs to check it out - but I'm on vacation starting
> > tomorrow, and I probably won't be able to do this before then :-)
>
> There where exactly? I can take a look at it.

There's kernel tracing for the scheduler. If you enable it, you also get
the "scheduler" debugger command. It takes a thread ID and analyzes the
scheduler tracing information for this thread, printing its min/max
scheduling latencies. For the maximum it also prints the number of the
tracing entry where that latency was encountered, so you can analyze what
happened there exactly.

Feel free to extend the command and the tracing as needed.

CU, Ingo