[haiku-development] Re: About System

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 22:23:31 +0200 CEST

julun <host.haiku@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Peps,
>
> i don't get what's going on here. Is this project
> and commitment all about to be in the About window?
> Sure it's nice to be mentioned there,

Hi Karsten,

I think a lot of people who have been with Haiku for
a long time (How many years?) would feel sad if they
lost their mention in AboutSystem. I know I would.

At first I though that was what Jorge was getting at.
Simplification. Focusing more on Haiku itself (than on
the people who made it), by (re)moving the list of people.
I think this was only in my mind (fears), and not
something Jorge wrote.

But as the discussion started it seemed to be about
opening up the lists to more people, non-developer roles
and thus other forms of contributions. To which I agree.

I should probably re-read the discussion to figure out
what really happened. I have a hard time remembering
a lot of things these days, so maybe I´m building
inaccurate models of the past.

> but i thought there is a bigger goal.

There is. But we can still sometimes feel passionately
about details such as these, as the individuals we are.

I´m sorry that to have upset Jorge, and you as well,
and contributed to this negative discussion. But at the
same time I guess I still stand by the few concepts I
tried to communicate. (Not that I expect the slug
trajectory concept to ever catch on.)

/Jonas.