[haiku-development] Re: About System

  • From: julun <host.haiku@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 19:22:18 +0200

Hi,

Stephan Assmus schrieb:
Hi Karsten,

julun wrote:
i don't get what's going on here. Is this project and commitment all about to be in the About window? Sure it's nice to be mentioned there, but i thought there is a bigger goal. This discussions feels totally strange! Honestly, if that's the only motivation people have i will move on...

I can assure you that I have much greater source of motivation then to be in the About Window. However, I tried to improve on some injustice (for example, Koki was not anywhere in the Credits, despite doing quite a lot for Haiku behind and in front of the scenes) and some "outdatedness". I am sorry it took a bit of discussion and am hoping that my improvements will be good again for a while. :-)

I'm all for it. Everyone should be mentioned there, regardless of who, what, how nor the the amount he contributed. If this list gets long, who cares. But i hate the feeling that we need to build up a ranking just to shine in how much e.g one has done. Feels strange.

Karsten