[haiku-development] Re: ATA stack testing

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:22:47 +0200

Marcus Overhagen schrieb:
ALso, whats the general opinion about switching from ide to ata
stack soon?

I'd be for doing the switch and getting the new stack more exposure, especially if it works well on the hardware of its main developers. Otherwise we are not really moving forward with this. Obviously Michael should also add his opinion. :-) If there are outstanding issues that you guys still know about, maybe they can be fixed first if they would cause regressions compared to the old bus_manager. I have two computers where the new stack didn't work well last time I checked (the old stack didn't work at all), but I will be able to check out the recent fixes on Wednesday.

Best regards,
-Stephan