[haiku-development] Re: A bunch of Terminal fixes: please feedback.

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 17:02:26 +0100

On 09/03/2013 07:57, Siarzhuk Zharski wrote:
> Hi Ryan!
>
> Ryan Leavengood писал 08.03.2013 22:00:
>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> For my day job doing Ruby I've been spending most of my time within
>> iTerm2 (a very nice terminal for Mac OS X) using tmux, vim and zsh, so
>
> By the way, are you using zsh on Haiku? The one issue I have observed at
> every start it is a delay about 3-6 seconds before showing prompt. For
> vim there are DECSCUSR feature supported so it can change the cursor
> shape in Insert mode. ;-)
>
> Another problem I have found yesterday evening is "gdb -tui" mode -
> looks like it doesn like updated termcap - the output is completely
> messed on my system - looks like it detects wrong columns lines
> capabilities. Is this feature significant for anybody?

I see several things from haikuports you could test (my dev images are
too old and the newer ones are too small to build them atm) :

* net-irc/rhapsody-irc
uses ncurses, used to not look very good due to missing alt graphics
charset switch (but IIRC it's been implemented since then), but the
layout should be correct.

* app-editors/qemacs
I just ported this one with GUI support, but it can be used in tty too:
qemacs -nw
(doesn't use ncurses)

* media-sound/ocp
(seems it wants gcc4)