[haiku-development] Re: A bunch of Terminal fixes: please feedback.

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 23:40:05 -0800

On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 07:58:17AM +0100, Siarzhuk Zharski wrote:

> >Well, it's more general than that.  I thought I'd tried just opening a
> >Terminal, but it certainly doesn't work now.  I get:
> >Could not resolve symbol 'OffsetToCopy__C5BRectG6BPoint'
> >I unpacked from Terminal.gcc2.tar.xz into my normal gcc2-hybrid.
> >It's a few months old (alpha4-44674).  Has anything changed?
>
> In case this is real gcc2 system it should not occur - the Holy Cow of
> Binary Compatibility is honored for GCC2 builds AFAIK. In any case you
> can pull the Terminal sources from git repository (see link in the first
> message of this thread) and build "compatible" version.

Something is definitely peculiar... (:-/)  I first searched the binary from
the archive you supplied, and that symbol is most certainly in that file
(many times).

Then I did a similar search through all of /boot/system/lib and it is
equally most certainly not there.  Nor is it in /boot/system/lib/gcc4!
(Though I suppose the mangling wouldn't match anyway.)

My system was built from the master (with maybe a couple of patches
to the audio chain) so it should be standard.  But somehow it must
not match yours.

I'll do the build you suggest tomorrow and see what I get.

Thanks,

        -- Pete --