[haiku-development] Re: A bunch of Terminal fixes: please feedback.

  • From: pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 21:15:07 +0100

> I could be mistaken what you are talking about, but I admit I totally
> don't like this behavior.  I've been doing a lot of things at work
> lately where the autoselect copy happens (via PuTTY), and I admit I am
> so used to Ctrl-Shift-C that this behavior throws me off from my
> terminal in Linux Mint, for example.  I'm not saying I'm against it
> exactly, but I just want something consistent with respect to that,
> whether it is copy-upon-select, or something like Ctrl-Shift-C to do a
> copy to clipboard.

On X-based UIs, the idea is that there is a clipboard that you can reach
with ctrl+C/ctrl+V, and a selection clip that you can set by just
selecting, and paste by middle-clicking. This is a rather useful feature,
but maybe we want to keep the middle button free for other uses ?

Anyway, mixing both in the same clipboard would be confusing and annoying.

--
Adrien.