[haiku-depot-web] Re: HPKR Files Again

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:33:39 +1300

Hi Ingo;

Thank you for that. My experience with the Haiku build system(s) is quite light so excuse my more general lack of knowledge about this area. I presume that I need a build system to make this work -- I downloaded a nightly and cloned the Haiku repository onto it. Then I issued the "configure" at the top level of the Haiku source; yielding

  Build tool "gcc" not found.

...but GCC is present of course.  It seems strange.

I thought I'd then try to track-down where it is getting the repository data from; I think it is getting the packages from here;

  /build/jam/repositories/HaikuPorts/x86

I am seeing the packages in that file that have appeared in my sample hpkr file already. I obtained my test file from;

  http://haiku-files.org/files/repo/...<snip>.../repo

However if I look at the "Haiku Ports" web site...

  http://bb.haikuports.org/haikuports/src

...I see lots of packages that are not included in that HPKR file and I guess that's what I am looking for. In essence, a "different" sample test HPKR file to work with. Is this process going to yield me the same HPKR that I already have?

cheers.

On 20/10/13 9:36 AM, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
On 10/18/2013 11:41 AM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
I wonder; is there a repository somewhere for the HaikuPorts setup yet
or can I get a pre-fabricated HPKR for that?

The setup for the HaikuPorts package repository is rather ad hoc (will
change once we migrate to haiku-os.org). There's simple script,
build_repo.sh, that builds the repository file and sets up the
respective directory. Arguments are the architecture and a package list
file.

The package list file can be generated by the Haiku build system (for
the configured architecture) via:

   jam -q '<repository-package-list>HaikuPorts-packages'

build_repo.sh uses a script package_repo.sh (a convenience wrapper for
the package_repo build tool) and the file repo.info.template, a template
for the HaikuPorts repository info.

Attaching the files.

CU, Ingo

--