[haiku-depot-web] Re: HPKR Files Again

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:56:04 +0200

On 10/20/2013 11:33 AM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
Thank you for that.  My experience with the Haiku build system(s) is
quite light so excuse my more general lack of knowledge about this area.
  I presume that I need a build system to make this work -- I downloaded
a nightly and cloned the Haiku repository onto it.  Then I issued the
"configure" at the top level of the Haiku source; yielding

   Build tool "gcc" not found.

...but GCC is present of course.  It seems strange.

That's an issue recently introduced by the removal of the "which" script from the Haiku image. You can manually install the "which" package, if available for your architecture (currently only for x86_gcc2), or download the old "which" script [1] and put it somewhere in your PATH.

I thought I'd then try to track-down where it is getting the repository
data from; I think it is getting the packages from here;

   /build/jam/repositories/HaikuPorts/x86

Yes, that's basically the package list in a Jam readable and reasonably maintainable format.

I am seeing the packages in that file that have appeared in my sample
hpkr file already.  I obtained my test file from;

   http://haiku-files.org/files/repo/...<snip>.../repo

However if I look at the "Haiku Ports" web site...

   http://bb.haikuports.org/haikuports/src

...I see lots of packages that are not included in that HPKR file and I
guess that's what I am looking for.  In essence, a "different" sample
test HPKR file to work with.  Is this process going to yield me the same
HPKR that I already have?

Not all of the ports have proper build recipes yet and for some of the ports that do, their packages haven't been added to the package list file yet. The described process builds the respective version of the HaikuPorts repository. ATM there only is the family of HaikuPorts repositories (for each architecture several versions over time). If you're looking for some completely different repository, you'll have to build it yourself, I'm afraid.

CU, Ingo

[1] http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/plain/data/bin/which?id=7aecb0b276462f84b4fa6ef94357b9bef74a6e21