[openbeos-cdt] Re: Pick a name?!?

  • From: "Stuart McCoy" <stubear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 19:34:06 -0400

Nathan,

I discussed this with Micahel this evening and the resolution is this.  Once
a list is compiled, whether it be from this group or the comunity at large,
we (myself and Michael) will have veto power over names in that list and we
will also have the ability to add ones to the list we feel should have made
it but didn't for whatever reason.  This final list will be voted upon by
those interested and take the time to go to the OBOS website to vote.

Ilike your suggestion that we use the list from the OBOS community as a
springboard for brainstorming.  I'm all for it and I would suggest we post
lists to the mailing list.  Don't post one or two a day, come up with a long
list of names and post once a week at most, put some thought into the names.

When coming up with names think about these things:

What does OBOS mean on both technical and end user terms?  How do we want to
represent these definitions to the community? On an emotional level? Long
time BeOS users? New OBOS users?

It would be best that you list the name and a reason why you think this name
would be a good idea.  Please give us something more than "I thought it
sounded neat".  That's a good clue that perhaps the idea isn't such a good
one.

Stuart McCoy
stubear@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.meltingcrayons.com/stubear