[haiku-appserver] Re: nVidia hardware known options for new features (R2?)

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:54:54 +0100 CET

Hi Stephan,

> The Be player probably doesn't use "full nodes", but only BMediaTrack
> decoders. The negotiation process for those should be simpler.
Let's put it this way:
- if I let the node say it only supports RGB16 raw_video, I can
playback video's.
-RGB32 only: same.
-YCbCr422 only: nogo: mediaplayer now only plays back sound. (I am
assuming this is also 'raw_video'. correct?)

I have the strong feeling that the nodes that decode MPEG1, AVI etc
(whatever is used for various 'PC' music clips, do not support
outputting YCbCr422 because of the above test.

The only thing I thought strange was that the Be player does playback
all that stuff using overlay on dano,  and the MPEG1 only with overlay
on R5 (rest bitmap). But now you say that's not a 'full node' but a
BMediaTrack (I have no idea what that is yet: this is the first time I
hear that name), I guess things add-up.

Therefore my conlusion for now is that the 'full nodes' indeed do not
support outputting B_YCbCr422, only RGB. I may still be babling though,
who knows...

> I helped
> DarkWyrm once with format stuff, if you want, you can send me the
> code and
> I could have a look.
That would be nice, but I don't dare sending it just yet: it's a big
mess, and not all all logical (for instance, kevin keeps asking for the
hooks for every call, instead of just remembering them: I need to
'completely' resetup this stuff). Once I have something I think is
rather final as far as my skills go, I'd love to let 'others' look at
it. And have it in SVN of course. (where?)

> Best regards,
> -Stephan
thanks for the helpfull hints guys!

Rudolf.