[haiku-appserver] Re: help

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:34:29 +0200

DarkWyrm wrote:
>>Hi guys,
>>

>>      I have a big, BIG problem with app_server.
>>      I can't find the reason why I get thrown into debugger when
>>clicking
>>"ZTestWindow1". If you can help, please help!
>>
>>here's the TestApp code:
>
> <snip>
> I'm trying to rest my arms because of some minor issues I'm having, so
> I can't really test it out for you right now, but I have a few ideas
> which might help you figure it out. IIRC, you can export DEBUG=1 in
> your .profile to compile the tree with debugging info in place.

        Thanks a lot, didn't know that. :-)

> When
> you get dumped to the debugger, try to see what it segfaults on in the
> source. Worst case, I'd need a stack crawl (sc command, as was
> mentioned) in order to give you at least a little bit of an idea.

        :-) 'sc' could not give me much. lots of time it seg-faults in free(),
malloc() and realloc(). I know the reason since 4-5 days ago, but I
could not find why.

        I found the reason by "accident". :-) The problem was a method returned
'false' instead of 'true'. Incredible, eh? :-)

bye,
Adi.