[haiku-appserver] Re: "Painter" progress

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:13:21 -0500 EST

#2 sounds *very* cool, but complicated. I had originally been thinking
#1. Whatever's

> All the other guys are thinking about the same stuff, so with it
> being
> available so easily, the only questions we need to concern ourselves
> with is a) how do we stay compatible with the effects of BView
> drawing_modes and b) how do we maintain a fast GUI.
I'm going to go out on a limb without thinking this through extensively
-- what about a global antialiasing option? We can't change public APIs
for R1, but we could put a checkbox in the Appearance preferences app
which would just cause a system message to get sent to the server to
enable or disable it. Thoughts, anyone?

--DW