[haiku-appserver] Re: "Painter" progress

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:20:31 +0100 CET

"DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm going to go out on a limb without thinking this through
> extensively
> -- what about a global antialiasing option? We can't change public
> APIs
> for R1, but we could put a checkbox in the Appearance preferences app
> which would just cause a system message to get sent to the server to
> enable or disable it. Thoughts, anyone?

I don't think this is a good way to do this, but that's just a feeling
for now. I think we should postpone this decision and have the AA stuff
as compile time option for now.
If we think it's viable to have this in a system-wide fashion, then
that checkbox would be okay. I'd think a BView option would be much
more appropriate.
And BTW there is nothing that prevents us from changing the API (other
than our original target :)) - we have made lots of small changes (like
BSlider::SetLimits()), and there is probably no reason to hide *
existing* functionality just because of that.

Bye,
   Axel.