[haiku-appserver] Re: "Painter" progress

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:24:58 +0100 CET

"Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I agree with you, but for now, we should not concern ourselves with
> that too much. It needs to work first, which means all issues are
> known. Then we can start thinking about making it as fast as
> possible.
> The pressure right now is to deliver a working app_server, because it
> means a holdup to so many other parts of Haiku. To make it as fast as
> the original app_server is not the primary focus for its first
> working/
> usable incarnation. The focus is to *get* a first working incarnation
> at all.

Definitely agreed!
That way of working makes it much easier to predict final release
dates, enables broader testing, makes all of us lucky, etc. ;-)

[...]
> It's going a little slow for me, because I lost my Notebook, which
> means I cannot work in many situations that I used to work before,
> like
> in the train to my girlfriend and while I'm staying at her place. I
> have to keep my other projects going as well. But I will try my best,
> the first steps are taken...

Ouch! Lost like in "it's somewhere, I just don't know where (who has
stolen it?)", or like in "it's broken"?
Good luck in finding a good replacement!