[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r12268 - haiku/trunk/src/servers/app

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:30:38 +0200 CEST

Hi Adi,

>       Stephan, I would like to ask you in particular (because of your
> dual
> CPU system), _and all others_, to test app_server's update code with
> my
> latest checkins.
>       Any problem, please report.

with great pleasure, I can report that the latest changes to the
clipping calculation work really good now (tested only with the
"windows" test app, no nested views). I can see "off by one" errors in
the font drawing, but those might well be in my Painter code. So
app_server is back to "well suited for further testing" for me! Very
good. My plan for the immediate future is integrating my recent
WonderBrush fixes for getting font hinting to work correctly. Turns out
there is a problem in the freetype hinter if there is a transformation
matrix on the glyphs. Then I will work some more on the efficiency of
the clipping (expect a huge speed up again).

Hm. Can someone look into the mouse input under Haiku? :-P
Or has this been fixed already?

Best regards,
-Stephan