[haiku-appserver] Re: CPU-idle-loop and HALT instruction?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:13:06 +0100 CET

Hi Rudolf,

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I take it I should find that file and simply remove the switch
> statement?

Yes, that should work, it's in src/system/kernel/arch/x86/arch_cpu.c,
line 455ff. :-)
What's your exact system configuration, btw?

> BTW: Cool we have MTRR support! I'll try it asap :)

I haven't added VIA support yet, due to lack of testing possibilities.
You had commented out quite some things in the MTRR driver you did, I
didn't want to take them over without further investigation :-)
Maybe you could add (or temporarily remove) a check for VIA processors
in src/add-ons/kernel/cpu/x86/intel.cpp, line 138-139 and see if it
just works there?
Maybe I should just try to get their processor manual from somewhere,
though :-)

Bye,
   Axel.