[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Pittsburgh Tech Shop Open House tomorrow

  • From: James Keener <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 22:28:25 -0400

> Sigh.  Register == "give some third party a bunch of personal
> information they will sell for marketing.

While I obviously cannot speak for them officially then or now, when I
worked for ShowClix that wasn't a practice they practiced.

Also, complaining that someone is using a ticketing service is akin to
complaining that someone is using PayPal or Stripe for payment
processing.  Ticketing isn't Tech Shop's focus, and I wouldn't expect
them to roll their own service. It seems like a dishonest complaint to make.

Personally, I'm glad they chose a local company over some of the
competitors.

Jim