[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Laptop with parallel port needed for Modela

  • From: Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:49:56 -0500

Sayan Chakraborty wrote
>We should use the shop jukebox PC for the modela
>and something else for the jukebox

I'd rather have a laptop, so that we can move it all around.  But if
we go with a 'printer server' method, we'd not have that problem.
Matt B was saying it was probably possible to do that with his
software.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    i bet there's a dell on the shelf in the shop with a parallel port.

The machines on the shelves were all broken in various ways.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Matthew Beckler <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have an old Dell 166 mhz that is in fine working condition

A 166MHz machine is probably too slow if we plan to run Inkscape on
it.  If we can use it as a print server of sorts, than it'd be plenty
fast, I think.

Ed