[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Iron Hacker Chef

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:31:29 -0400

yet another idea -- a competition to make a hacky thing that performs some cooking task, like "cook one egg" or "decorate a cupcake".

On 10/28/10 13:18, Jeff Kramer wrote:
Well, ok. I think we have two divergent things:

1) A fully kitted Iron Chef competition with celeb judges.
2) A small event where creativity in the face of privation rules

1 is awesome - I would love to participate (and would need to practice).

2 I think speaks to the heart of the hacker: food, but food done with a
make-do creativity.

Thoughts?

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 28, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Chris Teodorski
<chris.teodorski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do recall someone recently saying that they wouldn't even consider
drinking the water that comes out of the sink....

I think the idea is great, but the shop may not be the place to hold it.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Once the slop sink was mentioned, this was my first thought. Unless
we sort of go for a 'Junkyard Wars' sort of idea, I think it'd be a
hard sell for anyone to want to cook in there competitively. Also
what about the general public showing up and wanting to eat anything
cooked in there? A hard sell, I think.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Mandy
<steelgreypittsburgh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also - just putting this into the world - but while we're okay
cooking in
the shop... is that going to skeeve out an actual set of chefs?

--
J. Eric Townsend
design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ