[guispeak] pc dies while in ie:

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUISPEAK List" <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:21:29 -0500

Hi all,

We've got a well maintained p4 2.4ghz system with 512mb of ram and an 80 gb
hd running xp pro sp1 with all updates that are possible without going to
sp2 and for no apparent reason while on the web, the pc scrren will go black
with a message requiring us to cold boot the pc to get it running again.
I'm looking at the issue but would appreciate any tips.  I have not yet
looked at the recovery process to see if the system is shutting down or
attempting to shut down rather than doing some auto recovery.

Thanks!

Johnnie Apple Seed