[guispeak] Re: Textpal query

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:24:49 -0500 (EST)

In the problematic dialogs, TextPal is launching another utility,
IniForm.exe, to present the dialog.  If you can define a HAL mapping for
that program, perhaps that would work.  The dialog uses standard
Windows edit boxes and buttons though, so it is not a matter of
interpreting custom controls.  If you want to try running IniForm
outside of TextPal to examine its interface independently, try entering
the following at the Windows Start/Run prompt:
C:\Program Files\TextPal\IniForm.exe

In case you want more technical info about IniForm, a programming tool
for dynamically creating Windows dialogs, the installer (and included
documentation) is availble at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/ifsetup.exe

Let me know how it goes.  If folks at Dolphin want to work with me to
improveHAL support for TextPal, I'd be glad to do so.

Jamal