[guispeak] Re: Textpal query

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:38:42 -0500 (EST)

We're making progress with this.    The IniForm dialog is a "modal
dialog" that should become the active window automatically.  If not, it
should be available by Alt+Tabbing.  If a user starts typing a search
string immediately after pressing Control+F, before the dialog
activates, Windows could get confused by the keyboard input and behave
strangely.

By the way, this approach to some TextPal dialogs was not my first
choice, but I was finding more stability problems with a prior approach.
 I tried for several versions to resolve those problems in different
ways, and then eventually decided to go with the current IniForm
approach.

Jamal