[guispeak] Re: SARA

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:12:26 -0500

What does that mean?
ubiquity means that everyone has to have the same solution and the same type of access?
I think that access and hardware and software products should be up to the consumer.
They all have different needs.
And just because they buy something like SARA doesn't mean they can't change their mind later on -- but they should be shown all the alternatives up front so they can make an informed choice -- and that includes all the things they can do with a computer and peripherals that they can't do with SARA -- but again, there are many in the population that just don't want a computer, and just want to be able to read and blow up pictures etc.

So I interpret ubiquity as providing all the choices and information to a consumer and letting them make a choice for themselves.
Does anyone agree, or am I just alone on my soapbox?
Take care and happy reading, whatever solution you use! (But if you don't have a computer, I suppose you won't be reading this message! <smile>)
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>