[guispeak] Re: SARA

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:41:12 -0500

anyone can produce and sell anything they want.  Anyone can use a computer
if they are propperly prepared and or if the computer is propperly prepared
or almost anyone any way.  My point here is that in the us at least many
people won't be able to afford it, in fact, many of the people who will
actually *need* it won't be able to afford it.

It is as much as a computer of course as all things like this are computers,
but the cost just doesn't justify the narrow application.  On the scanning
quallity someone raised you'll be happy to note that this is probably pretty
good as most of what happens in analysis and ocr happens in software and the
software has become quite good at it although I still would not want to
depend on it solely as my source if I were attempting to get an education
where points for knowing facts count.

Johnnie Apple Seed