[guidedogchat] Re: Spending harness

  • From: Caitlyn Furness <caitlyn.furness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 06:19:36 -0500

Hi,
A toiletting harness is a starp that goes around your dog’s body just in front
of the hind legs.  It has two clips on top and either one of two clips
underneath.  you attach a plastic bag with handles to the clip or clips on the
dog’s underside, bring the bag up between the dog’s hind legs, pull the tail
through, and then attach the bag to the clips on top of the dog’s back.

When the dog spends, it goes directly into the bag.  I gather that in
Australia, they also put some kind of silicon beads into the bag to absorb
urine if you are using the harness with a female dog.  After the dog goes, you
remove the bag, tie the bag, and toss it into the trash.  The toiletting
harness is removed at all times when the dog is not potting.

It didn’t take long to get my dogs used to it when I was using one of these.

I hope this helps.  Good luck in trying to get one of these if you want one,
because the schools in Australia apparently think it’s rocket science to use
one or something.  I had a friend from Aus. send me one, then I had it copied.

Cait from Canada