[guide.chat] Replying to the list.

  • From: "A. Machray" <a.machray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 10:58:42 +0100

Hello All,

If you use the Reply To All Recipients option, the sender of the e-mail that
you are replying to will receive two copies of your e-mail, one through their
personnel e-mail address and the second through the list address.  This is no
hardship as one can be deleted and it does ensure that everyone gets the
message.  I use the Reply To option but then use option #2 and select the list
address from my Address Book but this is my preference as sometimes the e-mail
address in the original e-mail is screwed up and the reply bounces.  Each
method should work unless you wish to reply to the sender themselves and not to
the list.

I hope that this helps others to receive all the posts to the various lists
that they are on.  Cheers.

Alex