[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Bullying in schools

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:37:48 +0100

Hi Clare, I couldn't agree with you more. I had my fair share of bullying too.
Like you say ,from children and adults. Say no more.

love Malcolm. xxx

Hi Carol, Yeah, bullying is so awful I had to put up with it such a lot. Good
on you for standing up to those bullies the way you did. Jim, it's good to hear
your experience and point of view on this too. I'm sure if I was at school
these days it would be better as there's more support out there and awareness
of blindness among sighted people is at least a bit more improved.. Well sadly
I have even had to put up with bullying in my adult life from so called adults
they can be so cruel. There's no excuse for them they should know better. I
have been called spoiled brat, other things which are too awful to mention
here, and have had people being malicious towards me and it's not just been
sighted people but blind people too who have been like this towards me.
Obviously people who are very jealous of me and feel so threatened by me how
sad they are. Such a shame they have nothing better to do with their lives.
There's no excuse for other blind people being like that as they should know
better at least with being in the same boat so should be supportive and
friendly. It's right what Jann said the other day, the nicer we are the worse
we get treated it's so sad. I have certainly taken a battering emotionally both
by sighted people and blind. So my point here is that blind people can
sometimes be just as nasty and cruel as the sighted. There's good and bad in
all types. Love Clare xxxx