[guide.chat] In Reply To: FW: Having Mum Over for Dinner

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 00:04:06 -0000

-----Original Message-----

Subject: FW: Having Mum Over for Dinner

 love this

  HAVING  MUM OVER FOR DINNER

You don't  even have to be a mother to enjoy this one...

Ben  invited his mother over for dinner.. During the course of the  meal, Ben's
mother couldn't help but notice how beautiful  Ben's flatmate, Jennifer, was.
Ben's Mum had long been  suspicious of the platonic relationship between Ben
and  Jennifer, and this had only made her more curious.

Over the  course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she  started
to wonder if there was more between Ben and Jennifer  than met the eye.

Reading  his mum's thoughts, Ben volunteered, 'I know what you must be
thinking, but I assure you Jennifer and I are just  flatmates.'

About a  week later, Jennifer came to Ben saying, 'Ever since your  mother came
to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful  silver gravy ladle. You
don't suppose she took it, do  you?'

Ben said,  'Well, I doubt it, but I'll send her an e-mail just to be  sure. So
he sat down and wrote:

Dear  Mum,

I'm not  saying that you 'did' take the gravy ladle from the house, I'm  not
saying that you 'did not' take the gravy ladle. But the  fact remains that one
has been missing ever since you were  here for dinner.

Love,  Ben

Several  days later, Ben received  an email back from his mother that read:

Dear  Son,

I'm not  saying that you 'do' sleep with Jennifer, I'm not saying that  you 'do
not' sleep with Jennifer. But the fact remains that if  Jennifer is sleeping in
her own bed, she would have found the  gravy ladle by now..

Love,  Mum

                                                             LESSON  OF THE DAY
-
             NEVER  LIE TO YOUR MOTHER