[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Pass the Butter ( worth Reading)

  • From: "Jenny coupe" <jenny.coupe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dave Bonner" <djbonner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:50:12 -0000

Thank you Dave, I have sent it to my daughters who never let a spread os butter
pass their lips.
I quote a tale of the time I was a district nurse I was asked to visit a
elderly couple,aged 83 and 87 years, The door was opened by a "stout" American
lady who greeted me by saying "thank God  you have come,do you know my parents
eat 1/2 pound of butter a week we never eat butter",  this had me puzzled as I
followed her into the room where both the elderly couple were sitting,  The
main problem seemed that the lady wanted to go and live in a residential home
but her husband was against it. after awhile the wife said " after all mother
has been happy in the Home for 30 years" thinking that perhaps she was not so
mentally alert as I first thought said "How old is mother ?"
103 she said , I couldn't help turning to the daughter and saying "And you sre
worried about 1/2 a pound of butter ?

Jenny