[GradeQuick] Re: #1Multi-Teacher Reports #2 Live Link

  • From: "Thomason, Rob" <rthomason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:08:48 -0700

Linda,

I've not confronted the password and multi-teacher report issue. Not that it
doesn't exist, our folks just haven't tried it and our elementary folks don't
password protect their files. Our high school folks sure do password protect
their files though!

We run Livelink for our high school from the district office ... separate
building. We also run it for our Upper Elementary School from the district
office. We do not run it locally for either building. The key to livelink seems
to be ensuring the correct paths are mapped and used. The default paths work
for everything except the Admin Data path. That must point to where the
rosters.txt file is sent. Our system sends it automatically to gqwin but for
our Livelink to function we must manually copy the file to the gqcims folder.
(When we tried to point it to gqcims for creation it wouldn't do it. Go figure.
The purpose (for our use) is for livelink to create four files (teacher.txt,
student.txt, class.txt, schedule.txt) which we then export to update EdLine.

I don't know if you're using LiveLink for Edline or for some other purpose.

Hope this is helpful

Rob Thomason
Forest Grove School District
Forest Grove, OR