[gptalk] Re: Manage FireFox w/ GPO

  • From: "Jason B. Halladay" <jason@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:20:57 -0600

I've had good success with the FrontMotion package but the free edition leaves FireFox with a different icon than what our users are used to (a globe icon) and that one little fact proved to be a bigger deal than one might think.

Jamie, when you say you use the "regular Firefox MSI's they make", where did you obtain those MSIs? Does the Firefox ADM on sourceforge supposedly work with any edition and installation of Firefox or does it require a specially-packaged version of Firefox? This question is the question I had when Craig mentioned none of the settings he was administering via the Firefox ADM were working. Thanks!
Jason

Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF wrote, on 8/2/2007 11:37 AM:
Have you looked at the packages that FrontMotion puts out?

http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/fmfirefox.htm
They repackage Firefox into an MSI for you and provide a "Community
Edition" package that allows you the ability to lockdown settings using
Admin templates. Best of all, its Free.

I use the regular Firefox MSI's they make but have never tried the
Community Edition so I'm not sure how well it works.

Regards,
Jamie Nelson