[gptalk] Re: Manage FireFox w/ GPO

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:52:23 -0500

The main page for their FireFox MSIs is here:

http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/

You can download the non-Community Edition version that I was referring
to from this link:

http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/download_firefox_ref.php

I don't know if the Firefox ADM project on SourceForge works with this
or not but I do know that FrontMotion provides an ADM on their site
<http://www.frontmotion.com/Firefox/firefox.adm>  that you are supposed
to be able to configure the Community Edition (CE) version with.

I think the SourceForge version only works when after you apply the
Computer Startup/Shutdown and User Logon/Logoff scripts via Group
Policy. Just adding the templates and configuring settings will not do
anything because Firefox does not natively understand the registry keys
those templates are creating. The scripts are what actually interpret
the registry and modify the files that Firefox uses.

Regards,

Jamie Nelson