[gpsbug] Re: WSSC Fall 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

  • From: Jack Nemceff II <jlpn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carol and Steve Butkus <s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 21:26:18 -0400

Finnomenon prefers Sunday (no deer hunting allowed) at 1200. Racing rules
familiarization would be great and/or crew swaps occasionally (to spread
knowledge and build relations). Would prefer to end races by 1400 (have to get
home work done too). Perhaps alternating start/finish on either side of James
would be good (if some like me aren't always able to spend time to cross over,
race, and cross back).
Jack

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:00:40 -0400
From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx; Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
jlpn@xxxxxxxx; cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx; John.Ormond@xxxxxxx; lrgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxx;
RMCG5070@xxxxxxx; torlo@xxxxxxxxx; j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx;
Gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; jlpn@xxxxxxxx; cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx;
John.Ormond@xxxxxxx; lrgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxx; RMCG5070@xxxxxxx; torlo@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: WSSC Fall 2011 ad Hoc Race Series

Fall is upon us so let's go racing!
For the Fall we'd like to do whatever  we can to maximize the number of racers.
The Spring Series had generated a lot of advance interest and optimism, but in
the event, disappointingly, we didn't see many boats on the line. In part,
probably a case of life happening as we went about our plans.
What can be done to maximize the number of boats on the starting line?
Different start times? Different days? Other locations for the start? Some
racing/ racing rules familiarization? What can be done to enable you to race?
Anyone, everyone please chime in. What works for you?
As a minimum, please feed back whether you'd prefer to race on Saturday or
Sunday and AM or PM.
Also, please provide any other germane feedback so we can include as many boats
as possible. We just go out to have fun on the water! No protests!
Let's plan to start racing the last weekend in September and finish up before
Thanksgiving. (Please pass this along to anyone else who might be interested in
racing.)
Thanks,Steve 357-9883 Home377-7498 Cell